The Confidence Clinic is seeking enthusiastic individuals to work in our Summer Camps for the Summer of 2024
The Confidence Clinic Empowers Children and Teens through Life Coaching, Summer Camps, Classes and Workshops. Full support and training will be provided by The Confidence Clinic in Dublin.
We are growing The Confidence Clinic Team in order to offer additional Summer Camps in the Summer of 2024. We started our Summer Camps in 2018. We are looking for enthusiastic, patient individuals who love working with children to apply for this role. This role is short term and would suit someone who is free over the summer months. We would ask applicants to be be available to work a minimum of 2 weeks (each camp is 4 days Monday to Thursday or Tuesday to Friday). If you are a parent and have children of camp age (6-12) they may be brought along to the camp free of charge. Teenage children may be given work experience in our camps.
If you want to learn some useful life tools, make a difference and earn some money next summer please get in touch.
Please email us your CV alongside your reasons why you’d like to join to us and locations that would suit you best. The job description below.
The Confidence Clinic’s mission is to empower Children and Teens. We aim to increase children’s confidence and happiness. Our Team are passionate about helping children and teens, our goal is to make a difference and each one believes in the power of life coaching. Our team are extremely driven to bring about positive changes in the lives of children and teens.
Company Ethos and Culture:
The Confidence Clinic believes in the power of team synergy, communication and collaboration. The vision for the future of this business is one where our team work together to create new opportunities, share tools, resources and ideas. Where there is no place at the table for politics, egos, or agendas. Honest communications and making a difference are at the core of our work, and at the heart of everything we do.
This is a short, fixed-term position over the summer, we would need a minimum commitment to work on at least 2 camps and 1 week of cover, (if someone is unable to work that you stand in). We would ask our team to be available to work from 9am-3pm on the days on the camp – exact times are yet to be confirmed. Additional hours may be needed and will be paid in full. Punctuality is key in order to set up activities and be organised for each day. Your own transport or reliable public transport is essential to get to each location. For those looking for full time work for the summer please state this in your application.
- There are 2 roles within each camp. A Camp Manager and a Camp Leader who assists the Manager.
- Both roles are required and important for the success of each location.
- To ensure these camps are fun and the children leave wanting to come back the following day.
- Getting the right balance of learning, games, art and craft
- Liaise with Parents/ Minders – Strong communication skills and the ability to build good working relationships. To always be kind and caring when discussing any child or their behaviour.
- Sales and Marketing – Being pro-active about communicating the message of the Confidence Clinic Summer Camps in your location and surrounding areas; Managers are responsible for distributing flyers, and putting posters on noticeboards. All camps are run subject to minimum numbers of attendees.
- Promoting & Sharing on Social Media – writing and sharing social media updates and promotions including what’s app groups/ Facebook /Instagram.
- Any other duties as required.
- Patient: The ability to stay calm and patient with every child in your care no matter what the situation. To ensure that you are not airing grievances or frustrations in any way through your tone or your decisions made in the group or with parents. Where need be using tact and understanding when speaking to parents and guardians about a child’s behaviour, using a kind and caring tone.
- Communication Skills: Ability to communicate well with Parents/ Children/ Teens/ Colleagues. Share ideas and assist or train up other members of the team as needed. Discuss any difficulties that you’re having with management, ask for help as it is needed. An ability to be an honest and open communicator is essential.
- Listening Skills: Ability to practice active listening.
- Positive / Optimistic: A bright outlook on life, ability to look for the good in people.
- Flexibility and Adherence: Flexible to a degree in relation to growing The Confidence Clinic in your location – willingness to help out with various sales and marketing tasks. Adherence to the policies and procedures set up, continuity in using The Confidence Clinic tools and keeping high standards, i.e. doing things the same, so that the brand is maintained as a quality name for empowering children and teens. Whilst on the other hand striving for continuous improvement, sharing ideas and suggestions with management and colleagues to improve the service we provide.
We do not require one specific qualifications to work in our camps, the right personality and attitude is much more important, however a qualification or part qualification would be of benefit in any area related to Life Coaching, Children, Teaching, Youthwork, Play Therapy, Psychology, Positive Psychology. Mindfulness, Psychotherapy, Life Coaching/ NLP.
It is important to have some experience now or in the past, working with children. This may be as a Play School Teacher, Teacher, SNA, Youth Worker, Social Worker, Therapist, Play Therapist, Scout Leader, Volunteer, Child Minder, Foster Parent.
Please note all of our Team must be Garda Vetted through the Confidence Clinic, Have completed the Tusla ‘Introduction to Children First’ online training and fully trained with us, before commencing work.
There is more information available on the following page – please click here.